Welcome to the Virtual Lab!
Multimedia in Telecommunications, Medical and Remote Sensing Applications
This virtual lab consists of several interactive exercises through Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) in the MATLAB environment. Through the developed software, the students will be able to practice some of the theoretical aspects of Multimedia (audio, image and video processing), Medical Imaging and Remote Sensing. This virtual laboratory will cover the following topics:
The entire Virtual Lab consists of twenty (20) Matlab GUIs, together with the corresponding Matlab documentation and a tutorial in pdf format.
You can download:
- The entire Virtual Lab package together with the help files, here (61MBs .rar).
- The entire Virtual Lab package without the help files, here (27MBs .rar).
- Only the help files (documentation), here (33MBs .rar).
- The documentation in a single pdf file, here (23MBs .pdf).
When download is finished, extract the content of the rar file into let $VLabDirectory. Then execute the Matlab script file MainVLabsGUI.m.
Alternatively you can download each Virtual Lab separately:
- Audio, Image and Video coding GUIs with help files (16MBs) or without help files (7MBs).
- Audio and Video transmission GUIs with help files (13MBs) or without help files (9MBs).
- Image Equalization, Denoising, Registration and Fusion GUIs with help files (14MBs) or without help files (4MBs).
- Image Fusion in Remote Sensing Applications GUIs with help files (16MBs) or without help files (6MBs) .
You can also download:
- Some audio files, necessary for the proposed VLAb exercises, here (9MBs .rar) .
- Some avi and cif video files, necessary for the proposed VLAb exercises, here (225MBs .rar).
When download is finished, extract the content of the rar files in the folder $VLabDirectory.
If you downloaded separately each Virtual Lab, the complete Virtual Labs folder $VLabDirectory, must look like as follows:
- Windows® operating system, able to support Mathwork's® MATLAB® version R2009b or newer.
- A working installation of MATLAB® and Simulink, together with the following toolboxes and Simulink blocksets:
- Signal Processing Toolbox™
- Image Processing Toolbox™
- Wavelet Toolbox™
- Optimization Toolbox™
- Signal Processing Blockset™
- Communications Blockset™
- Video and Image Processing Blockset™